"For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God. Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name. I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever." Psalm 86 10-12

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Recap NC, Birthday, Christmas, cookies,

Ah! It's been so long.  I better recap.

We took a trip to North Carolina to visit Ben's parents mid-November and celebrated a very early Christmas. Caleb got Catan Jr. and loves it.  Ben and I like playing it too, which is a huge bonus! 


My sweet Anna turned TWO!


This year I decided me and the kids should bake Christmas cookies and bring them to some senior saints.  The picture below looks like we were having an awesome time, and it WAS fun overall. However, baking cookies with 4 little children isn't that great.  ALSO, I forgot to put in... oh, over half the flour, so the cookies were RIDICULOUSLY sticky.  The good news is I figured it out before it was too late.  Phew.  Next year will go better.  It was my first stab at Christmas sugar cookies. 


Caleb, Grace and I took the cookies to the Holland Home with my parent's church while we caroled.  And then we also took some to people from our church at Village Woods.  It was awesome.  We were so blessed.  Gracie handed out the cookies and Caleb followed with the napkins.  How precious is this picture?!  I love that Caleb is visiting with that lady in the background.  I so desperately want to teach my children to love serving others!!!

Then we had the Christmas program where Caleb and Grace BOTH participated.  No tears!!! WOO HOO!!!  

My whole family was out for Christmas, so that was nice.  My sister moves to India soon, so we were glad to spend some time with her! Not a bad picture for using a tri-pod eh?!?


My mom got the girl's this play kitchen, and a friend gave me those awesome aprons and hats!  The kids LOOOOOVE it.  How adorable are they!??! I can't even stand it.  They play with this kitchen all the time.

Gracie came in my room like this and proclaimed "I'm Mary." And then she ran off calling for Joseph. 

She's so sweet.

I'll end it there for now, just wanted to catch up a bit!!
-Melanie







No comments:

Post a Comment